Get a great deal on Boat insurance with our friends from Tower - Coastguard's recommended boat insurer.
Make sure your pride and joy is covered before you hit the water with Tower's Boat Policy. They cover your boat on land, on water, in storage or on its own trailer, with a load of included and optional benefits to suit you.
Whether yours is a jet ski, tinny, yacht or gin palace, our mates at Tower can get you covered. And as an added bonus, everyone who signs up for a Boat insurance policy gets a $30 discount on a Coastguard membership, whether you're a new or existing member! Get yourself a quote and see what you could save.
Plus, when your prized possession is insured with Tower you’re helping us too – every time a Coastguard member takes out a new insurance policy (not just a Boat Policy), Tower will donate a portion of your policy to Coastguard to help support the lifesaving work of our volunteers in helping thousands of Kiwis get home safely each year.
Ready for a quote? Go online or give Tower's specialist Boat team a call on 0800 950 142 and tell them if you're a Coastguard member.
What to look for in your boat insurance
When you're deciding on boat insurance, there are a few things to look out for:
- Sum insured - this is the total value of your boat. If you have a trailer, it’s important to factor that in too.
- Liability - it’s important to check the amount of liability you are covered for if you unfortunately damage someone else’s boat or property
- Cover for the whole year - many claims occur off the water therefore it’s important to be covered for events like theft, fire, and malicious damage which can unfortunately happen at any time.
- Geographical limits - this is the maximum range you are covered for from a certain point in New Zealand.
Key benefits with Tower Boat insurance:
- Cover for your boat - Tower provides cover for loss that happens to your boat, on land, on water, in storage or on its own trailer.
- Legal liability - if you accidently damage someone else’s property with your boat, Tower will cover your liability up to $5 million dollars.
- Replacement value for new boats for 3 years from new - Tower will replace your boat with a new boat of the same make and model subject to current local availability if, as a result of a loss covered by this policy, your boat becomes a total loss.
- Replacement value for the boat motor on mechanical and electrical componentry up to 5 years old - where the loss is to your boat motor and that motor is five years old or less, Tower will pay for the costs of new mechanical and electrical components.
- Optional Recreational equipment benefit - Tower will provide optional cover for loss to your recreational equipment while it’s on your boat or in use out on the water with $5,000 or $10,000 limits.
If you're ready to get a quote for your boat, go online or give Tower's specialist Boat team a call on 0800 950 142 and tell them if you're a Coastguard member.
- Discount is only valid for New or Existing Tower Boat Policy holders.
- Discount will be applied to $130 Individual memberships only.
- Discount code cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount code or promotion.
- To redeem the offer, the Tower Boat policy holder must have received a promo code directly from Tower and called the Coastguard Membership Team on 0800 BOATIE (262 843) to extend their existing membership (for new or existing members), or signed up on the Coastguard Membership website (new members only).
- Coastguard reserves the right to cancel any membership where a discount code was obtained fraudulently.
Boatie's Best Mate.
Get a Coastguard membership today for peace of mind when you’re out boating.